You can translate the lyrics into various languages.
Rage Against The Machine - Sound Of Da Police Lyrics
Rage Against The Machine – Sound Of Da Police Lyrics
That’s the sound of da police!
That’s the sound of the beast!
Stand clear! Don man a-talk
You can’t stand where I stand, you can’t walk where I walk Watch out! We run New York
Police man come, we bust him out the park
I know this for a fact, you don’t like how I act You claim I’m sellin’ crack
But you be doin’ that
I’d rather say “see ya” Cause I would never be ya
Be a officer? You WICKED overseer!
Ya hotshot, wanna get props and be a saviour
First show a little respect, change your behavior
Change your attitude, change your plan
There could never really be justice on stolen land
Are you really for peace and equality?
Or when my car is hooked up, you know you wanna follow me
Your laws are minimal
Cause you won’t even think about lookin’ at the real criminal
This has got to cease
Cause we be getting HYPED to the sound of da police!
Now here’s a likkle truth
Open up your eye
While you’re checking out the boom-bap, check the exercise
Take the word “overseer,” like a sample
Repeat it very quickly in a crew for example
Officer, Officer, Officer, Officer!
Yeah, officer from overseer
You need a little clarity?
Check the similarity!
The overseer rode around the plantation
The officer is off patroling all the nation
The overseer could stop you what you’re doing
The officer will pull you over just when he’s pursuing
The overseer had the right to get ill
And if you fought back, the overseer had the right to kill
The officer has the right to arrest
And if you fight back they put a hole in your chest!
(Woop!) They both ride horses
After 400 years, I’ve _got_ no choices!
The police them have a little gun
So when I’m on the streets, I walk around with a bigger one
(Woop-woop!) I hear it all day
Just so they can run the light and be upon their way
Check out the message in a rough stylee
The real criminals are the C-O-P
You check for undercover and the one PD
But just a mere Black man, them want check me
Them check out me car for it shine like the sun
But them jealous or them vexed cause them can’t afford one
Black people still slaves up til today
But the Black police officer nah see it that way
Him want a salary
Him want it
So he put on a badge and kill people for it
My grandfather had to deal with the cops
My great-grandfather dealt with the cops
My GREAT grandfather had to deal with the cops
And then my great, great, great, great… when it’s gonna stop?!
[Rage Against The Machine - Sound Of Da Police Lyrics]
Listen To The Music Videos Of These Lyrics:
Watch The Official Video
- Prince - Whitecaps Lyrics (Feat. 3RDEYEGIRL)
- Finch - Anywhere But Here Lyrics
- Jason Aldean - Sweet Little Somethin' Lyrics
- Emarosa - Say Hello To the New Bad Guy Lyrics
- Jessie Ware - Want Your Feeling Lyrics
- Lena Fayre - I Am Not A Man Lyrics
- SOHN - The Chase Lyrics
- Astro - 88 Lyrics
- Emarosa - People Like Me, We Just Don't Play Lyrics
Top Lyrics Today
- Rick Ross - Fuckin Problems (Freestyle) Lyrics (Feat. Stalley)
- R. Kelly- Fireworks Lyrics
- Lil Wayne- How To Love Spanish Remix Lyrics (Feat. Enrique Iglesias)
- Ciara- Ride (Remix) Lyrics (feat. Bei Maejor Andre 3000 Ludacris)
- George Strait- A Showman's Life Lyrics (feat. Faith Hill)
- The Game- The City Lyrics (feat Kendrick Lamar)
- James Fortune - Hold On Lyrics (feat. Monica & Fred Hammond)
- Fefe Dobson-Stuttering Lyrics
- 50 Cent- 5 Senses Lyrics (feat. Jeremih)
- Enrique Iglesias-Why Not Me? Lyrics